1) Apologize quickly and sincerely as soon as you realize that you've wronged someone (particularly your parents and siblings).
2) Never feel sorry for yourself (self-pity is another form of pride).
3) Stay in control of your emotions.
4) Never burn bridges behind you, in relationships.
5) Nothing is ever gained by quitting.
6) Remember, there are more people counting on you than you realize.
7) Don't forget that God is at work, even when you can't see it. God is working right now, in ways you don't know about.
8) Love your family!
9) Meet every day with prayer, praise, and God's Word.
10) Stay connected to the hearts of your family (particularly in a time of testing). To solve a problem with another person, soften your own heart first.
11) Listen to those who love you, before making a life-changing decision.
12) A good name is more valuable than great wealth.